A young girl and her grandmother were eaten whole
by a wolf Tuesday morning roughly 1.5 miles into the woods outside The Village.
Both the girl and her grandmother were rescued later in the day by a hunter
passing by the house in which the incident occurred.
Elisabeth, also known as Little Red Riding Hood, ventured
into the woods early Tuesday as instructed by her mother. “I gave her a basket
of fresh bread, butter and wine to bring to her sick grandmother,” said
Elisabeth’s mother. “I told her come straight home.”
Fifteen minutes into the 30 minute walk, Elisabeth
was pursued by a hungry wolf. “He asked me what was in my basket and where I
was going,” she explained to police officers Tuesday afternoon.
Elisabeth had described the location of her
grandmother’s cottage to the wolf before wandering off the path to pick
flowers. The wolf then went to the cottage and claimed to be Elisabeth after
knocking on the door. Once Elisabeth’s grandmother opened the door, the wolf
promptly entered the residence and ate her whole.
Shortly after, Elisabeth went to the cottage to
find the front door wide open. She entered the home, finding the wolf dressed
in her grandmother’s clothes and in the woman’s bed. After mistaking him for
her grandmother, the wolf ate her whole as well.
Later in the day, a local hunter passed by the
cottage and heard heavy snoring. “It didn’t seem normal,” the hunter remarked, “so
I decided to go check on the woman. I knew she was sick.”
The hunter entered the home and found the wolf
asleep in the woman’s bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment